We are planning a one day conference in London at All Hallows by the Tower, London EC3R 5BJ.
The outline of the day is as follows
- 11.00am - Meet for coffee
- 11.20am - Dr Harry Bramma will talk about "The Search for Musical Beauty"
- 12.20pm - Introduction of the new Warden, Bishop Graeme Knowles
- 12.50pm - A short presentation by Barry Williams on the work so far of the Working Party on the engagement of organists in The Church of England - with an introduction to the newly revised Guidance from the Legal Advisory Commission. This involves The Royal School of Church Music, The Guild of Church Musicians, Incorporated Society of Musicians & The Royal College of Organists.
- 1.00pm - Lunch
- 2.00pm - Reports, Election of Officers for 2017/18, Election of Council and Independent Examiner
- 2.45pm - Coffee/Tea
- 3.00pm - Evensong led by Bishop Graeme with Nigel Groome and the choir from St Matthew's Westminster. This will include responses by Dr Michael Walsh and the premier of an anthem with a clarinet solo by Ian Brentnall, a recent ACertCM candidate.
There will be a small charge for refreshments and lunch.
If you are interested in attending please send a short email June Williams our Acting General Secretary or telephone June on 020 8395 7949